Macro Express 5
Be notified of any new changes - Subscribe to the Macro Express News email newsletter.
We welcome your suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
Please use our online form to report a bug.
Email us with other questions or comments.
Want to know how to upgrade? Upgrade information.
Macro Express v 188.8.131.52 (2019-04-26)
- Variable Set String from Prompt now allows multiple lines of input.
- The Get Control dialog now remembers its previous position on the screen.
- Fixed a problem where the updater would update the program in the location where it was last installed instead of the location where it is currently running.
Macro Express v 184.108.40.206 (2019-03-28)
- Added new macro commands:
Close Optical Disk Tray, Eject Optical Disk, Restart Computer, Sign Out Computer, Sleep Computer
- The System Macro "Menu of Macros for Topmost Window" now displays the Nickname of the macros instead of the first part of the macro.
- Floating menu and Popup menu macros with the Menu Style of "First Part of Macro" or "Nickname and Scope" are now wider.
- Added the option 'Show Activation details', that displays more activation information in the list of macros, to Options, Preferences, Appearance, Explorer.
- Can now halt a macro that is spending too much time processing the content of a variable.
- The Variable Set String from Prompt dialog can now be resized when a macro is running.
- Deprecated these commands:
Repeat Counter, Play CD-ROM, Stop CD-ROM, Pause CD-ROM, CD-ROM Next Track, CD-ROM Previous Track, CD-ROM Goto Track, CD-ROM Step, CD-ROM Back, Eject CD-ROM, Close CD-ROM Tray, Cascade Desktop Windows, Tile Desktop Windows Horizontally, Tile Desktop Windows Vertically, Windows Sizing Border, Dial-Up Networking, If Dial-Up Successful, Hangup, Suspend Computer.
- Added 'Show deprecated commands' option to display deprecated commands.
- Renamed several System commands to more closely match their function in Windows:
Log Off Computer, Reboot Computer, Shut Down Computer, Power Off Computer, Lock Computer, Hibernate Computer.
- Adjusted the mouse activation messages displayed in Script Editor and Macro Explorer when more than one mouse button is selected in the activation.
- Information about errors in Variable Modify Decimal command are now logged.
- The 'Variable Modify String: Save to File' and 'Variable Modify String: Append to Text File' commands no longer offer integer or decimal variable types.
- Fixed an issue where the CD-ROM commands could not find the optical drives.
- Fixed a problem where .mxe files / playable macros will not launch properly if another version of Macro Express has been installed and later uninstalled.
- Fixed an issue where Options, Preferences, Activations, Scheduler: "Check the scheduled macros every [ ] seconds" "y" and "[ ]" were too close together on high DPI / 4K monitors
- Fixed a problem where mouse activated macros would sometimes stop activating.
- Fixed a problem with Mouse Event macro activations that would not allow an activation when more than one mouse button was selected for activation.
- Fixed a problem where a Mouse Activated macro could contain invalid information for the "Specific part of a window".
Macro Express v 220.127.116.11 (2019-01-08)
- The font size now works correctly in the Notes tab on ultra high resolution / 4K monitors.
- The Add Activation dialog in the Script Editor now allows the activation to be selected with keystrokes.
- The 'Show All Commands option after Snippet insert' option is now on by default.
- Reduced the number of times the password is requested when a category has a View password.
- The macro password dialog is now always displayed on top of other windows.
- The Preferences dialog now remembers its position on the screen.
- Changed default font for Text Type dialog to Tahoma.
- Added option to set the font for the Direct Editor.
Macro Express v 18.104.22.168 (2018-12-06)
- Fixed a problem with the LICENSENAME and LICENSE CODE Advanced Installation options.
Macro Express v 22.214.171.124 (2018-11-20)
- New redesign of the program makes it easier than ever to use Macro Express.
- Insert rich text into other applications.
- Assign names to variables to more readily identify them.
- No limit to the number of variables per macro.
- Edit more than one macro at a time.
- Support for ultra-high definition / 4K monitors.
- Update data displayed in a text box in real time during macro playback.
- Optionally display additional information in the Macro Express Explorer window.
- Themes allow choices that adjust the look and feel of the program. Choose from predefined or custom themes.
- Choose between large or small icons within the program.
- Choose fonts for specific areas of the program.
- The About box now indicates when an update is available.
- An optional automated update process is included to ensure you are using the latest version.
- Dozens of fixes and other enhancements.
Revision History for Macro Express 3
Revision History for Macro Express Pro 4
Revision History for Macro Express Pro 6