I cannot uninstall Macro Express Pro 4
Before uninstalling, be sure to close Macro Express Pro by clicking File and then Terminate Macro Express Editor & Player. The best method to uninstall is from Windows Settings, Apps (or via Control Panel for older versions of Windows). Occasionally, however, this does not work. When that happens, try one of these possible solutions:
- Reinstall Macro Express Pro and then uninstall it using Windows Settings, Apps.
- In File Explorer, browse to the folder where Macro Express Pro is installed and double-click on unwise.exe.
- In File Explorer, browse to the folder where Macro Express Pro is installed and drag the file install.log on top of the file unwise.exe.
- Using File Explorer, browse to the folder where Macro Express Pro is installed and copy unwise.exe and install.log to the root (or top level folder) of C:\ and then double-click on the file unwise.exe.
- Move install.logto the Desktop. Launch unwise.exe from the folder where Macro Express is installed. It cannot see install.log so it opens a file dialog. Select install.log on the Desktop and follow the prompts.
Note: Only use the INSTALL.LOG file found in the folder where Macro Express Pro is installed. Using INSTALL.LOG from another folder may cause other software on your computer to be deleted. Proceed with caution!
- If all of these methods fail, you can delete all of the files in the folder c:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro and, using RegEdit, delete the registry entries in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express 4
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express 4
If running on 64 bit versions of Windows, delete this registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Insight Software Solutions\Macro Express 4
This method may leave the uninstall Macro Express Pro option in Windows Settings, Apps. You may need to remove this entry using RegEdit. Look at the registry keys:
Remove subkeys named Macro Express Pro.
Warning: Incorrect registry changes may cause your PC to no longer function. Use with caution! If you are not comfortable making changes to your registry, you should ask someone for help who is familiar with changing the registry. We recommend you backup your registry before making any changes.
– Applies to: Macro Express Pro 4