Macro Express works in some of my programs, but not others.
There may be several things to consider.
1. Some applications may be running in administrator mode. If this is the case, then Macro Express must also be run in this mode.
- To do this, close Macro Express — File | Terminate Macro Express Editor and Player.
- From the Windows Start menu right mouse click on the Macro Express shortcut and left click on Run as Administrator.
- Follow the prompts to start in Admin mode.
2. If the macros only fail online in your browser, try disabling any browser add-ons one by one. Start with the ones you are not real familiar with. Test Macro Express after each add-on is disabled to determine which is causing a problem.
3. It is also possible that another program started, after running Macro Express, that installs itself improperly into the Windows Keyboard Hooks. This usually exhibits itself most often when Macro Express and other programs are loaded in the startup group. One of the other programs is being loaded after Macro Express and is effectively blocking access to the keyboard.
- Select ‘Tools’ and ‘Restore Keyboard Hooks’ from the main menu of Macro Express. Try a macro.
- Close the program – File | Terminate Macro Express Editor and Player and then restart from the Start menu. Try a macro.
- Try closing applications – one by one. Test Macro Express after closing each application. Start with apps that run in the background that may do things similar to Macro Express – using the keyboard hooks.
– Applies to: Macro Express and Macro Express Pro